Sunday, June 20, 2010

Long Overdue

Holy Swiss-cheese Batman! Long time no update.

I'm evaluating my priorities a lot lately.  Trying to figure out what's important, and what I should and shouldn't be spending my time on.
 
Gardening has been sort of a failure with the fluctuating weather and the destructive dog. 

I've been spending a lot of time watching/listening to the world cup.  The world cup is cool, and honestly this year it's anybody's guess who will win.  There's nothing wrong with having some pride in your country and enjoying competition.  But we can't let it be more important than God's work.  And we can't let it make us act more excited or crazy about a football (that's soccer) game than the fact that God sent his son Jesus Christ to die for for us and then empower us with the Holy Spirit to be free from sin.

Right now our church has a team in Haiti that's working with JoyHouse. If you want to be involved, pray for them and for their work and you can also follow on of the team members on Twitter @BrianPauler.

There's more going on with the med school process too but it's hard to explain and hard to talk about.  Suffice to say, waiting on the Lord is very difficult.


Maybe this week I'll get around to another Man Talk.  I want to talk about Finances.  Anyway, if I get around to it you can read it, if not I probably got busy with other stuff this week.  But I'll leave you with this thought that I get convicted over often:

If you're wondering whether or not God is your first priority, look at how you spend your time and money.  When commitments conflict, or when you have to choose between what you want to do and the morals you claim, what do you choose?

1 comment: