Thursday, May 13, 2010

David Attenborough, Life, and Returning home


That's right kids, it's almost here.  On June first BBC America will release the real version of LIFE to dvd.  Not the one with Oprah.  Psh!  Life narrated by the one and only Sir David Attenborough.  Those three letters mean he was knighted. Let's see Oprah do that!

When Discovery Channel decided to air Life, they had Oprah narrate it instead of using DA's original narration, much like they did with Sigourney Weaver on Planet Earth.  Nothing against Sigourney, I just think we need to let experts do their work.  If we need rescuing from a parasitic facehugging alien species we'll call you Miss Weaver.  Leave the documentary writing and narration to the man who has been the writer of more nature documentaries than you can shake a stick at, and a narrator of even more than that. He was also a senior manager at BBC and the controller of BBC Two

And also his older brother Richard played Hammond in Jurassic Park and Santa in Miracle on 34th street.  So let's keep the American female personalities away from our nature shows and let the man do his thing.  I mean really he's 84 and still doing this? That's amazing.



-----

Moving on, I left Ames today and I've checked into my hotel in Des Moines.  As I was pulling into the parking lot I heard a noise that sounded like the very fabric of reality being torn asunder.  My car shook and I almost lost control of my bodily functions. Then just as quickly it ended and I tried to make sense of the chaos that had started and faded so abruptly. Then I remembered I was across the street from the airport...

Then it happened twice more in about a minute but I didn't pee myself rest assured.

I can't wait to get home.  I'm not excited however about flying out at 6, but what can you do?  At least I'm going home. 

By the by, the first chapter of The Bellezandra is up.  Yu can find it here.  Let me know if you like it. Or if you hate it.  Either way I'll keep working on it.  Maybe I'll put the second chapter up befre the end of May.  But I wn't get much of anything dne if my stupid, piece f junk "O" key keeps ignring me!!!


o  oooo oooooooooooooooo

Okay it can work if it wants t.
crap.

1 comment:

  1. BAH!! I just laughed REAL hard...OUTLOUD...IN the lab...you should be proud.

    Glad to know you recognize the awesomeness that is DA - he kind of rules at life...(ha! pun!)

    Aaaand...I want the next chapter! ....Please?

    You should be landed and with your lovely now - see ya soooon!

    ReplyDelete