Monday, May 10, 2010

Arrival

This morning I left the Easterwood Airport to fly to Ames, Iowa for some work training.  I always forget how awesome clouds look from above. This isn't as well lit as I'd hoped but you get the idea. It was pretty sweet.


I'm not sure what you think of when you think of Iowa, but I honestly was hoping for something like this:

This was not the case. 

It's cold and rainy here.  It's as though by going north I went back in time to January or something. Oh well.  I do have a very nice room.  Here's my humongous bed.  This is bigger than our bed at home.  That's my backpack in the middle so you can have a frame of reference. It's pretty swell other than the howling wind outside my window. But I can overlook that.

And also I have a large desk and wifi.  You probably already knew that though because we both know that I wouldn't pay extra just to have internet at my hotel.  I'm cheap.  Anyway, I got some writing done on Bellezandra on the way from DFW but it's surprisingly hard to write or draw during turbulence.  I was thinking Um...hello? I'm trying to shade with a bic pen here. It's difficult enough as it is without you shaking the whole plane Mr. Airpocket!  I'll try to post some later and then put the link on here sometime this week to the site.

Today I don't really have much to do. Just get here and get settled.  And get some sleep too.  Tomorrow I have to start training.  I have to shower in and shower out every time I enter/exit the lab this week.  In my head I see something like Andromeda Strain.  But knowing how glamorized CSI is for lab work, I assume government diagnostic facilities aren't much nicer than mine.  I couldn't find the book I wanted to bring this morning and I almost grabbed Richard Preston's Panic at Level 4, but then thought Nah, I don't want to have nightmares about giving everyone Ebola or something because I'm clumsy.  I won't be able to take my phone into the lab so I'll update this tomorrow evening.  Well, my tummy's getting angry and I'm tired so I'm going to find some food and a nap.  Catch yall on the flip side!


(....what does that even mean?)


****UPDATE*******
I forgot to give a shout out to MW, who may as well be my sister.  Thanks for keeping my baby girl company this week.  You're awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Meester Josh...you rock, brother! Thank you for giving me some fun bedtime reading as I was a restless sleeper last night, haha. You're totally more than welcome - I'm so glad you have entrusted your lovely lady to me this week. I'll take good care of her, promise.
    Loved the update - the clouds look AmAzInG! :D Have fun being all labby today.

    ReplyDelete