Friday, April 9, 2010

Shameless plug

While organizing all of the photos on our external hard drive I stumbled upon some pictures of the checker sets I did for my father-in-law and my brother-in-law. Enjoy


This one is blue and gold with Shiner Blonde and Shiner Heifeweizen caps
The next one is traditional black and red, with Shiner Smokhaus and Zeigenbock caps for playing pieces

Many thanks go to my awesome wife Ricci, who helped me with color schemes and touch up painting.  And she also gave me the idea to keep the caps in mason jars, but that's totally optional.  So if anybody thinks these are neat and wants one let me know what colors and what kind of caps.  If you provide the caps it will definitely be cheaper, but I can usually get some from friends, family, HEB or World Market if you have an idea of what you like. 

If you see me standing in the bottled soda aisle at HEB for 20 minutes, you know I'm checking out caps.  I'm working on some Mexican flavored water ones right now that have a lime on one cap and a cluster of grapes on the other.  Only the lime one tastes gross so it's taking a while to muster my strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment