Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Interweb Wednesday - WFF and Amazon Student

To the none of you that follow this blog, I'm sorry I didn't post an IW last week. Guess what? I'll do two today.

First up, the launch of Wallet-friendly Foods. It's a website I created to help bring together recipes and ideas about healthy, cheap eating.  Still in development, but it's there and you can start frequenting it and commenting about how great it might be one day.

Secondly, I discovered Amazon Student the other day. It's amazing. If you know about Amazon Prime, it's the same idea.  Amazon Prime allows you to pay a membership fee and then get free two-day shipping on all eligible orders for the time of your membership.  Amazon Student, however is FREE for the first six months if you have a .edu address.  If you get textbooks and prefer to get them quickly, or purchase from Amazon often, this is the way to go.  I haven't decided if I'm ready to pay the $40 a year after the first six months to keep it, but you can't beat that free two day shipping for half a year.


No comments:

Post a Comment