Thursday, July 1, 2010

Radical dude!

This was a phrase often followed by "Cowabunga!" when I was younger.  I was a big fan of Ninja Turtles.  But that is not what this post is about.  If you've been to our family blog you've seen that we're about to start going through the "Radical" series by David Platt.  We put this off for a while because everyone who recommended it was changed.  That sounds dumb, but what I mean is, we weren't ready to give up our selfishness.  We could see this series made people really question a lot of things in their lives and we weren't ready to that yet.

One of the families that it really made a difference on was the Hendricks. They talked about it a lot.  And not only because of Radical, but definitely out of a series of God-orchestrated events which included Radical they are now moving to Haiti. See what I mean?  Anyway I was reading through their blog, as well as the blog for their new mission-community-connection-whatever organization Mosaic Village and I finally stopped fighting it.  Ricci and I are going to start going through this series and I'm pretty sure it's going to rock our nice little boat.  I told Ricci this feeling is the spiritual equivalent of knowing you have to go get a shot.  You know it's gonna hurt. You might cry. And it might even be sore for a while. But you also know that it's good for you so need to just suck it up and do it.



In unrelated news, Ricci and I were in HEB getting hot dogs for my work party for the 4th of July.  I grabbed a package of Hebrew Nationals, because they aren't horrible for you.  Basically they're kosher dogs.  Upon flipping the package over I counted how many franks there were so I'd know how many packages to get.  "1,2,3,4,5,6,7. Okay there's...wait...seven?" I counted again, because it was an odd number. There were definitely seven. "Why would they have seven?" I asked. And then simultaneously Ricci and I looked at each other and said "It's a perfect number!" and then couldn't stop laughing in the meat section of the grocery store.

So there you go. Something serious and something light. Have a great day

1 comment:

  1. I just started Radical, too! I have the audio files...I'm already shaking in my boots - but excited, too. Can't wait to be able to talk about Radical stuff with you two! Have fun with your perfectly kosher dogs ;) I'm really sad I don't get to spend the 4th with you two this year :(

    ReplyDelete